The state, province or region is considered as a necessary part of a postal address in many countries in the world. In this article, we will show you how to set up state options in Magento 2.
Details about State Options
The state or province is the information used for shipping and billing information, to calculate tax rates and so on. However, there are some countries where the state is not required. With these countries, the field can be totally ignored from the address or added as an arbitrary field.
In addition, there are differences between typical address formats of countries. Hence, you can also customize the template that is utilized to form the address for invoices, packing slips, and shipping labels.
How to Configure the State Options
- Choose Stores on the Admin sidebar -> Tap Configuration under Settings.
- Select General under General part in the left panel.
- Widen the State Options field and do this instruction:
a. In the State is Required for section, choose each country where region/state is a compulsory entry from the existing list.
b. Set the Allow to Choose State if It is Optional for Country part to one of the following options:
- “Yes”: Adding the State section as an optional entry for countries where the state part is not obligatory.
- “No”: Eliminating the State section in countries where the state part is not needed.
- Select Save Config to finish.
We have shown you an easy guide to customize the Magento 2 state options . Please feel free to contact us if you have any query and don’t forget to follow our other articles to get more information about Magento 2.