Magento 2 Up-sells and Cross-sells Definition
Up-sells and Cross-sells are both cost-effective marketing techniques to maximize the value to customers and to push up the revenue of online stores. The main difference between Up-sell and Cross-sell items is that upsells encourage buyers to purchase a higher-level product than the one in consideration, while cross-selling invites customers to buy related or complementary items.
Up-sell items are similar products that have better standard, more famous in the market, or have higher profit margin compared to the product that the customer is considering. Those products are intentionally positioned at the bottom of the product page or next to the questioning product so as to buy the shoppers’ extension.A typical heading for up-sell products might be: “People are often/You are also interested in the following product(s).”
Cross-sell products are related or complementary items to the current product. For example, a protective case or memory card or a special adapter can be a cross-sell items for a camera sold online. In the era of e-commerce, cross-sell products appear just before the customer start to checkout, under a common heading like “customers who bought this item also bought” or “Frequently bought together”.
How to add Up-sell and Cross-sell products to your Magento 2 store
- Sign in the backend mode of your store. Then open the product that you want to add up-sells and cross-sells in edit mode.
- Next, move downward and expand the Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells field.
- Tap Add Up-Sell Products to insert up-sell items
- Click Add Cross-Sell Products to insert cross-sell items
- You can use the filter controls to find the products, if necessary.
In the product list, mark the checkbox in front of any product you want to set as an up-sell/cross-sell product. Then tap Add selected product.
- When you finish, click Save to confirm the changes.
Above are 100% information about Up-sells and Cross-sells in Magento 2, we hope you enjoy it. Don’t forget to follow us for more useful articles about Magento 2 platform.