Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of Magento 2 product settings section. This part contains the URL Key and other Meta-data fields (Meta title, Meta Keywords, and Meta description) which are later used by search engines to identify a specific product. The URL key and Meta data should be identical for each product.
Despite being ignored by some search engines, meta keywords are still used by most of others crawlers. It is said that the SEO best implementation recently is to integrate focus keywords in the meta title with those in the meta description field.
Through configuration settings, you can set a default value for each meta-data field. As a result, these fields are filled with placeholders which then be replaced by actual values as your preferences.
To accomplish the SEO settings, do the followings:
- Sign in with your admin account, then browse to the edit mode of the product.
- Move down to the Search Engine Optimization and expand it.
- The URL Key is currently filled with a default value, which is based on the product name as being set in the configuration. You can choose to use that default value or change it to your preference.
- Meta Title: This is the text that appears at the top of the browser bar and can be changed as needed. For the best application, you should enter an identical Meta Title to each page with the length less than 70 characters.
- Meta Keywords: The keywords in this box are most used by search engines, thus they should be the words that your customers might use to find products in your store.
- The Meta Description field gives a general view of the page in the search results. Although customers can not see this chain of text, it is included on the search results page of several search engines.
Those are all about the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in Magento 2 product settings. Don’t forget to follow us to receive more useful blogs like this.