This article today will help you answer questions relating to store locale in Magento 2: What is Locale Options? How to Set Locale Options in backend?
What is Locale Options?
Language, country, tax rate and other settings utilized throughout the store are shown in the locale section. The locale options allow admin to set the time zone and language used for each store. Moreover, you can also determine the days of the work week in your area including first day of week and weekend days.
How to Configure the Store Locale
You can follow this instruction to set your own store locale
- Choose Stores on the Admin Sidebar -> Select Configuration under Settings.
- Under General in the left panel, tap General.
- Widen the Locale Options part.
- Choose your Timezone from the list and do the following:
- Locale: Select the appropriate store language among existing choices.
- Weight Unit: Set the unit of measurement that is commonly used for shipments from your locale. There are 2 options for you: pounds (lbs) or kilograms (kgs).
- First Day of the Week: Customize the day that is known as the first day of the week in your area.
- Weekend Days: Choose the days which fall on a weekend in your locale. (To select many options, hold down the Ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac) key).
- Click Save Config to finish all steps.
Provided above is the overall view and instruction about setting locale options in Magento 2. Please feel free to contact us if you have any query and don’t forget to follow other articles to receive more interesting details about Magento 2.
People use the actions control for the purpose of applying an operation to records in backend. In this article, we will give you a detailed introduction of Actions Control in Magento 2.
What is Actions Control?
When handling a number of records in the grid, you can make use of actions control to assign an operation to one or more records. The actions control shows all operations you can apply to the individual type of data. For instance, with product records, actions control can be utilized to alter the status from “Disabled” to “Enabled”, update the attributes of chosen products or remove records from the database.
In addition, you are able to change as much as you want and then update the records in just one step. It is more effective than adjusting the settings of each product independently. The choice of existing actions varies by list and supplementary options might appear based on the chosen action. For example, when changing the status of a selection of records, a Status box shows up next to the Actions control with three extra options: Delete, Enable, Disable
How to Use Actions Control
Step 1: Choose Records
- Put a tick on the checkbox of each record that is a target for the action or use one of the following choices to select a group of records:
- Select All / Unselect All
- Select All on This Page/ Deselect All on This Page
- If you need to display only the records that you want to include, configure the filters at the top of each column.
Step 2: Assign an Action to Chosen Records
- Select an Actions control you want to apply
For example: Change Status
- Click Submit to finish all steps
Provided above is the specific explanation of Actions Control in Magento 2. If you have any query about Magento 2 topics, please feel free to send us.
The data in admin pages is usually shown in a grid so that store owner can manage it more effectively. In this article, we will show you an easy guide to configure grid layout in Magento 2.
About Grid Layout
It can be clearly seen that admin pages that control data present collected records in a grid. According to your reference, you can select which columns appear, determine their order in the grid or save them as a “view”. A key point is that only nine of twenty existing columns are displayed in the grid by default.
To Alter the Choice of Columns
- Select the Columns control in the upper-right corner. Then, do this instruction:
– If you want to insert more columns to the grid layout, put the tick in the checkbox of any option
– In case you need to remove columns from the grid layout, clear the marked checkbox
- You should scroll down to ensure that you view all available columns
To Change the Position of a Column
- Click the header of the column and hold
- Move the column to the new position and release
To Save a Grid View
- Choose the View control -> Click Save Current View
- Type a name for the view. Then, tap the arrow icon to save all changes
To Modify the Grid View
Select the View control. Then, do one of these options:
- Tap the name of the view if you want to utilize another view
- Choose the Edit icon to alter the name of a view -> Update the name you want
Provided above is the guide to customize the grid layout in Magento 2. We hope that this article is useful for anyone who is interested in searching about Magento and related topics. Please feel free to contact us if you have any query.
Admin pages that control data show a list of records in a grid. In this article, we will focus on giving a quick introduction of managing the grid in Magento 2.
Admin will manage the data more effectively if he or she knows how to make use of grid controls in the backend page. Firstly, you can easily sort the data with the controls at the top of each column in the grid. The arrow in the column header indicates that the current sort order is either ascending or descending so that looking for data becomes more convenient. Secondly, you are capable of determining which columns display in the grid or changing different positions of them. Moreover, various column arrangements can be kept as views for the purpose of being used later. The Action column shows activities that can be applied to each record. Finally, the data from the current view can be conveyed to a CSV or Excel XML file.
Assort the list:
1. Choose any column header. The arrow shows the current order is ascending or descending.
2. To see other pages in the collection, utilize the pagination controls
Number the page:
1. Apply the Pagination control to the number of records that you want to view per page.
2. Click Next and Previous to page through the list, or enter a detailed Page Number
Filter the list:
1. Tap Filters icon
2. To define the record that you want to look for, fill in as many filters as necessary
3. Select Apply Filters to finish
We have shown you the brief overview of grid controls and how to manage the grid in Magento 2. We hope that this article is useful for the ones who are finding information about grid controls. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us.