Are you using Magento 2? And you find it difficult to manage your online products? Don’t worry!! This article will provide you detail information about Product Catalog in Magento 2. After reading this, you will absolutely get the key to Catalog Workspace in Magento 2.
Where can you find Product Catalog?
From the backend mode in Magento 2, you can easily manage the Catalog as you want to. Firstly, you need to sign up with the admin account. Then click on Product category. There you can see three sub-categories: Inventory, Catalog and Categories. Pick up Catalog and you are in Magento 2 Catalog Workspace.
What do you have in Catalog Workspace?
Once you are in the Catalog Workspace, you can see all of products listed on The Catalog grid. It allows you to control over every single products on the list: either edit the existing product or add a new one.
Workspace Control Tools
- Add product: If you want to create a new product, click on the button. The down arrow provide you with 6 types of product: Simple, Configurable, Group, Virtual, Bundle, and Downloadable Product. You can choose one of them for your new product.
- Filters: Provide catalog search with multiple attributes
- [Default] View: Show the current layout. You can simply choose another grid column view (if any is available) or make up a new one.
- Columns: You can choose different attributes to show on the Catalog grid columns by marking the checkbox in the first column of each. The most important ones are ID, Name, Price, SKU,…
- Actions: Product list actions offers three options: Delete, Change Status, and Update Attributes.
- Checkbox : You can choose the product one by one or choose all of them by selecting “Select All” option. There also is “Select all on this page” choice, which help you choose all products on the current page.
- ID: A unique number for a single product.
- Thumbnail: Show a small picture of product.
- Name: Name of the product.
- Type: Type of the product.
- Attribute Set: Show which categories the product belongs to.
- SKU: A unique code of product in inventory.
- Quantity: Indicate the current number of product in stock.
- Visibility: Show the place that a product can be seen in the catalog: Not Visible Individually/Catalog/Search/or Catalog, Search.
- Price: Unit price of one product.
- Action: Click “edit” to come to edit mode.
Now you definitely can master the Product Catalog on our Magento 2!