Customers on your Magento 2 store sometimes may need help with their purchase process. For instance, some customers like to shop online, but then they prefer placing the order by phone. In that case, you can offer immediate assistance by using Magento 2 Shopping Assistance tools in the backend. The service is available for both guests (customers that haven’t signed up for an account yet) and registered buyers. With the Magento Shopping Assistance tools, you can help your customers with the following tasks:
- Create a customer account
- Update a customer account
- Create an order
- Update an order
In this article, we will provide instructions to create a new customer account through the Magento 2 backend. There are 7 steps you need to follow to do the work:
- First of all, sign in with your admin account. On the Admin sidebar, click Customers. Then choose All Customers.
- Next, tap the Add New Customer button on the upper-right corner.
- In the Account Information section, you need to fill all the required fields:
- Associate to Website: Choose a specific store view to link the customer to.
- Customer Group: Put your customer to one of the three customer groups that are available in the dropdown box: General, Retailer, or Wholesale.
- Disable Automatic Group Change Based on VAT ID: mark the checkbox if you don’t want the VAT ID Validation process to run automatically.
- Next, type your customer name on the First Name and Last Name fields.
- Email: Fill in with your customer’s email.
- After completing all the required fields, complete the optional fields as needed:
- Middle Name/Initial
- Date Of Birth
- Tax/VAT Number
- Send Welcome Email From
- Next, come to the Addresses section. Click Add New Address to create a new address for your customer.
5. There are two types of address in the left box: Default Billing Address and Default Shipping Address. Set the check-boxes to your preferences to define the type of the new address.
6. Fill in the First Name and Last Name fields. If the name fields are left blank, the customer’s name will be automatically used for the address.
7. Next, complete others fields as needed.
- Street Address
- Zip/Postal Code
- Phone number
- VAT Number
8. When complete, click Save Customer to save all the changes.
Those are 7 steps that you can use to help your customers to create a new account through Magento backend. Follow our next bogs to receive more information about other Magento 2 Shopping Assistance tools.