When discuss about supporting tools for Shopping Cart in online stores, it is Magento 2 that provides a lot of options for store owners to better manage their electronic sales. One of these is Reorder Option in Sales Configuration. If Reorder is enabled in the backend, registered buyers can edit their existing orders right in My dashboard section.
To activate Reorder Option, follow the steps below:
- Log in the backend with an admin account. On the Admin sidebar, tap Stores.
- After that, click Configuration in the Settings section.
- On the left panel, expand the SALES row and select Sales then.
- Scroll down to the Reorder section. Set it to your preference:
- “Yes”: Allow customers to reorder in My dashboard section.
- “No”: Reorder is not allowed. Because Magento 2 set the field to “Yes” as default, you should clear the Use System Value checkbox before choosing this option.
- Lastly, tap Save Config on the upper-right corner to confirm your settings. You may need to reindex the data and refresh the cache by clicking the Cache Management link when the system note appears.
Once Reorder is enabled, it is not only buyers can edit their orders but also admins can do it from the backend. To reorder for an existing order in the backend, do the following:
- On the Admin sidebar, click Customers. Next, select All customer.
- You can either use the filter to search for a specific customer (search by name, or email, or tax code,…) or enter the keyword(s) to the search box on the upper left corner. You might need to refresh the filter to clear all the previous filters before adding a new one.
- After finding the customer, click edit in the Action column.
- On the left panel, tap Orders under Customer Information. Here you can see all the orders that the selected customer has placed. Click Reorder Option in the last column of the order that you want to edit.
- Next, edit the order to your preferences.
- Tap Submit Order to save the changes.
That is all about Reorder Option in Magento 2. We hope you enjoy the information and don’t forget to follow us to receive more knowledge about Magento 2.